Air traffic management constantly needs to keep pace without making compromises. Safety and security are non-negotiable, and operations must also remain efficient and flexible. Rohde & Schwarz is a trusted partner for secure air traffic communications from the radio to the antenna that helps its customers to shape the future of their air traffic control (ATC) operations. The company features CERTIUM®, a unique portfolio from ATC working positions to antennas, backed by extensive expertise in providing turnkey solutions and market standards.
The comprehensive portfolio of CERTIUM® RADIOS includes the R&S®Series5200, featuring an innovative security-by-design architecture and a cost efficient maintenance concept. CERTIUM® RADIOS cover the entire range used in ATC from HF to VHF and UHF with outstanding RF performances.
Recently introduced HF high-power transmitters meet the requirements for advanced beyond-line-of-sight (BLOS) communications with very high data rates and maximum availability. An innovative liquid cooling concept minimizes operating costs.
Rohde & Schwarz features fully IP-based VCS solutions for modern ATC networks. CERTIUM® VCS utilizes all the advantages of IP technology and provides strong security, innovative resilience and easy administration.
Rohde & Schwarz furthermore shapes the future with the following trendsetting ATC solutions:
- ATC voice quality assurance now enhanced with patented loop back monitoring
- Paving the way to ATM digitalization with LDACS
- Reliable identification and localization of calling aircraft on the radar screen
- Drone-based T&M equipment for high-precision analysis of GBAS during ground and flight operations
- Effective detection and countering of non-cooperative drones and their pilots
At World ATM Congress 2022, Rohde & Schwarz features the following expert talks:
- Leading the ATC Transformation: Voice Communication as a Service -> Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 11:40 AM, Spotlight Stage
- LDACS paves the way to ATM digitalization: a cornerstone for efficient deployment of upcoming ATM operational concepts and enabling CNS Integration -> Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 2:10 PM, Spotlight Stage
- Increasing air traffic safety through effective drone detection -> Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 11:40 AM, Spotlight Stage
- Increasing air traffic safety through accurate and fast aircraft identification-> Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 2:10 PM, Spotlight Stage
- Drone measurements of terrestrial navigation signals -> Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 3:40 PM, Spotlight Stage
The ATC radio systems for cockpit-tower communications contribute to air traffic safety at more than 200 airports and flight operations centers all over the world.
Learn more about the CERTIUM® program and visit Rohde & Schwarz at WATMC.